Want to have your own video recording studio but don’t know where to start?
Then you came to the right place.
I’m now on my 3rd video room (from moving 3 times), and I’ve learned a lot along the way.
I’ve had full green screen walls, I’ve had all kinds of different light fixtures, and I’ve pretty much tried it all.
The great news is that I will share my latest setup (which also happens to be the simplest)
Here is a view of my current video room:
Here is a list of everything that I use today in my room:
- Pure white paint from Home Depot (1 gallon will cover a standard 12ft wall) – I do NOT recommend going with a green wall as you’ll quickly realize that you don’t need to edit in backgrounds as much as you think you do. The pure white is safe for pretty much most videos where you are the focus
- Foldable table from Home Depot
- Canon XA20 Professional Camcorder (see it here on Amazon)
- Sennheiser EW 111 G3-A Lavalier Mic (see it here on Amazon)
- 3-pack set of box lights (see them here on Amazon)
- Tripod (just make sure whatever tripod you get can support the weight of your camera)
- I use both Camtasia and Final Cut Pro for editing videos
- And then batteries for the mics and a memory card for the camera
Enjoy the video below.
Your Own Video Recording Room [EPISODE 34]
It’s not as hard as it sounds to have your own video room.
After years of doing videos (and three different video recording rooms), I’ve realized that simple is best.
Not to mention, trying to do too much with the room makes it inoperable for anything else.
What I like about my current room is that I can easily move everything out of the way really quickly, I can do podcasts in the same room, and I can even turn it into a bedroom.
So what do you think?
Have any questions about making your own video room?
It’s a great way to share your skills, story, and happiness.
This subject of sharing happiness is one of my favorite chapters in the ultimate book on happiness called, “Fishing For Happiness.”
Definitely, pick up a copy for yourself if you haven’t done so already.
In the meantime, what is holding you back from a happier and more fulfilling life?
Let me know in the comments.
Want to hear my full story of overcoming cancer, anxiety attacks, and alcohol abuse along with what I learned on my journey to find more fulfillment in my life?
Then pick up a copy of Fishing For Happiness – the only book on happiness that curates over 300 top personal development books (and also comes with a money-back guarantee).
P.S. – If you think your friends or networks would enjoy seeing this, please Tag them or Share this with them. You Rock! Pa-POW!